Sunday, November 8, 2015

The Confused Stub

Random Stub
On a dark night when the wolfs were waiting for the moons signal to begin to howl all into the night, a group of individuals decided that it was the perfect night to go out and try their luck in the roulette of courtship, but since it’s Puerto Rico and the climate is trying new styles, so the original plan ceased to exist and they chose to do something a little bit more dangerous and savy, but the nothing came to their minds. “Where to?” thought Paco and Sebastián, but then after about five or then minutes, the idea came to Paco like a moth to a flame. They both go to Plaza las Américas and see the movie “The Martian”, one which Paco had tried and failed (countless times) to see and in the process he would do it as a tourist for his English Lit class (it was the perfect opportunity to kill to birds with one stone).

They arrived to Plaza and Paco began to rehearse in his mind the accent he had to pull of to seem like an american. As Sebastián went along first to buy the ticket stub, he waited out his turn. Then it came, the moment of truth, he had to act out everything he thought of in the past few minutes between the car ride from his house to the last moment he had to himself. First he was stuttering trying to get the words out of his mouth, but then as she understood the angle from where he was coming from, she made a weird face and he politely turned to his friend (which was sticking right beside him) and showed to her his stub. 

To be fair I tried to make the most out of the situation, even tried to do it with the women at the counter inside the movies, but it was all to confusing and I could see the confusion in those who tried to attend to my wishes to receive that all-so-good-popcorn. I felt bad, as if I was trying to make a fool out of them, so they best thing to do was to come clean and explain the purpose of my touristy actions. 


It’s not that I can’t deal with people talking as if I were a tourist, but I feel weird to do it when people try to communicate so desperately with me just trying to get across some point for my benefit. If it were a mutual benefit, I would (maybe) continue to do it, but if people begin to get frustrated as it happened in both occasions, I would most likely get all red as a tomato and come clean just to relieve them of a stress of not having a good client-cashier relationship

2 comments:

  1. I like the way you describe this moment. It looks like I am reading a story. Man keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jim, I'll take into consideration! hahaha

    ReplyDelete